Singapore Symphony Orchestra — Concertmaster
The orchestra is now conducting an international search for a concertmaster
Founded in 1979, the Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) performs over 60 concerts annually and has performed at the BBC Proms, the Prague Spring International Music Festival, and the Dresden Music Festival.
Its collaborating artists include Neeme Järvi, Vladimir Ashkenazy, Lang Lang, Yo-Yo Ma, Diana Damrau, Janine Jansen, Leonidas Kavakos, Gil Shaham, and Martha Argerich.
In Singapore, the SSO plays at the Esplanade Concert Hall, and salon concerts are held at the historic Victoria Concert Hall. The orchestra also performs in community and outreach concerts.
Interested applicants should possess a high level of musicianship to lead the orchestra. The successful candidate may be associated with a named Chair, receive an instrument loan from the orchestra’s donors, and be recommended for teaching positions.
To apply for the position, the following should be submitted to [email protected]:
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the position
- A current CV (including education, professional experience and two referees)
- Audio and/or video of recording of solo works (made within the last 2-3 years)
- Video recording of works in a chamber setting
- Video recording of a performance with an orchestra
Links to high-quality web videos, with an indication of the year of recording, are accepted.
For more information, click here. No due date has been provided.