Win 1 of 5 Signed Copies of Violinist Maria Ioudenitch's Newly-Released "SONGBIRD" CD
Recorded with pianist Kenny Broberg, Maria's first album on Warner was released this month
The Violin Channel, in conjunction with our good friends at Warner Classics, is this week giving away five personally autographed copies of violinist Maria Ioudenitch's new CD: "SONGBIRD."
The disk features Richard Strauss' Morgen, Op. 27 No. 4, Franz Schubert's Fantasie in C major D934, Glinka's "L'Alouette," Rachmaninoff's "Ne poy, krasavitsa, pri mne," Op. 4 No. 4, Medtner's "Skazka" (Fairy Tale), Op. 20 No 1 in B flat minor, Tchaikovsky's "None but the lonely heart," Op. 6 No. 6, Amy Beach's "Romance," Op. 23, Nadia Boulanger's "Soleils couchants," Fanny Mendelssohn's "Erwin" Op. 7 No. 2 (Goethe,) Robert Schumann's "Romance in A major," Op. 94 No.2, and excerpts from Clara Schumann's Three Romances Op. 22.
Born in Russia and raised in Kansas, Maria is a first-prize winner at the Ysaÿe International Music Competition, the Tibor Varga International Violin Competition, and the Joseph Joachim International Competition. She completed her Bachelor’s at the Curtis Institute of Music where she studied with Pamela Frank and Shmuel Ashkenasi and her Master’s at the New England Conservatory where she studied with Miriam Fried. She is currently in the Professional Studies program at the Kronberg Academy, working with Christian Tetzlaff.
In regards to Amy Beach's Romance for Violin & Piano, Maria said, "'Romance,' in this musical context, is used as a genre, a type of piece. However, I can’t think of a piece more suited to the other definition of 'romance': love. This piece has many of the characteristics of romantic love: tenderness, passion, turmoil, longing...and, in the end, peace."
Entries close on Tuesday, April 4, 2023.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is: Feed Media Pty Ltd Trading as The Violin Channel LLC.
2. Employees of The Violin Channel or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. The closing date for entry will be 11:59 PM April 4, 2023 (New York Time). After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. All incomplete entries will be disregarded and not eligible for entry.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be chosen at random using randomization software.
11. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Violin Channel LLC and not to any other party.
28mayAll Day16julSitka International Cello Seminar(All Day) The Miner Music Center at Stevenson Hall, 104 Jeff Davis St. Sitka, Alaska 99835Event Type :Other
02junAll Day10Michael Hill International Violin Competition(All Day) Auckland Town Hall, Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New ZealandEvent Type :competitions
07jun8:30 pm10:30 pmVirtual EventNorth Shore Chamber Music Festival Presents: Fairy's Kiss8:30 pm - 10:30 pm Event Type :Streams
10jun8:30 pm10:30 pmVirtual EventNorth Shore Chamber Music Festival Presents: Your Heart's Desire8:30 pm - 10:30 pm Event Type :Streams
03julAll Day09Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition(All Day) Melbourne Recital Center, 31 Sturt Street, Southbank VIC 3006, AustraliaEvent Type :competitions
07julAll Day15The Malher Competition(All Day) Joseph-Keilberth-Saal, Konzerthalle Bamberg Mußstraße 1 96047 Bamberg GERMANYEvent Type :competitions